IBM is an abbreviation of International Business Machines. IBM is an I.T.-based multinational consulting Corporation. IBM is the trusted I.T. sector brand in America. The headquarters of IBM is situated in Armonk, New York. The existing CEO of IBM, Ginni Rometty.
International Business Machine Corporation is one of the biggest technology companies worldwide. IBM operates its business in more than 170 countries and has over 345000 employees all over the World. The IBM researchers were awarded Nobel Prizes.
In the beginning, International Business Machines was its business supplier of Mainframe computers in the 1970s, and over time, the company shifted focus from hardware to software and services. IBM further modified its business, such as cloud-based services.
Invention By IBM
There is some essential invention that you should know about IBM-
- Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
- The floppy disk
- Hard Disk drive
- Magnetic stripe card
- Relational Database
- SQL Programming Language
- UPC barcode
- Dynamic Random-Access Memory(DRAM)
Services Offered by IBM
- Resiliency services
- Security services
- Technical support services etc.
Brief Details of IBM
- IBM is the World’s largest Employers company.
- IBM deals with Hardware and Software. IBM also provides the facilities of hosting and consulting services in nanotechnology with mainframe Computers.
Headquarters and Centres of IBM
- The main Headquarter of IBM is situated in Armonk, New York.
- IBM’s central headquarters is in Astor Place in Manhattan.
IBM in India is known as IBM India Private Limited, and its headquarters is in Bangalore, Karnataka. The other IBM subsidiary branches are Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Noida, Pune, etc.
Recruitment in IBM
- Recruitment is done based on examination and interview.
- Only B.tech or Master in Computer science marks more than 65% in the 12th, and only those are eligible for applying in IBM.
- Two types of qualifying examinations are conducted in IBM, one of the eligible recruiting candidates in the global business services, and another is a requirement in the worldwide technology services.
- The examination of global technology services includes the series test.
- A candidate has to appear in the interview with Original Documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Full Form of IBM in courses?
The complete form of IBM is International Business Management.
What are the Full forms of IBM All over the World?
International Business Machines
What services are offered by IBM?
We have already mentioned the details above in this article.
What is the Full form of IBM in Company and Corporation?
The complete form is International Business machine corporation.
What is the Full form of IBM in the Military?
The complete form is the Incoming Buying Mission.